Sunday, December 16, 2007

Welsh corgi commission

This is a painting I was commissioned to do by some young friends of mine... I've combined a Québec landscape and the Welsh corgi image (he was the star of the thing; a present for the anniversary of the father who owned the dog...) I've used a lot of "fire orange" and it seems that the father liked the present. Sometimes, I feel like Real Lessard, le québecois who was, along Van Meegeren and David Stein, a grand faussaire... He had a billionaire who quite regularly came to him and tell him his dreams, his visions... And Lessard, who was also a great artist not only a faussaire (it takes a lot of talent to be a faussaire, you know...) put the billionaire's vision on big canvases... and that one paid him 100000 $ or 200000 $... I could do the same, given the right conditions. But ou sont les milliardaires d'antan?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice storybook-like painting with a golden light. You didn't say how big it is. I hope it is as big as a wall. The bigger the better. That's anyway the trend now. Here for contests they usually require big paintings. Also, wouldn't it be fun to plan a big "masterpiece", Danu?

Ion Vincent Danu said...

Not that big, I'm afraid, swallows! about 14 x 18 inch... I'm counter-current, again...I wish to paint big paintings but for that you have to have a big canvas, a big budget, a big studio... I have neither. So... I still have some masterpieces in me but will they have the opportunity to get out? I don't know...